ASICS & BSN SPORTS are teaming up to award four programs—including track and field, cross country, wrestling and volleyball—$12,000 each + a FREE Believe in You professional development program valued at up to $1K.
Tell us how you’re using the power of sport to uplift and impact your student-athletes, school and greater community for a chance to score $12K today!
Track & Field
New Lisbon School District (Wisconsin)
Berkmar High School (Georgia)
Kankakee School District 111 (Illinois)
New Albany – Floyd County Consolidated School District (Indiana)
Galt High School (California)
Fort Scott High School (Kansas)
Shiloh High School (Georgia)
Bret Harte Union High School District (California)
Queens Metropolitan High School (New York)
Humble High School (Texas)
Northwest Area School District (Pennsylvania)
Shelby County School District (Alabama)
GRAND PRIZE WINNERS
Entry evaluations will be scored on a 100-point scale by the Official Selection Committee. The resulting Twelve finalists will be announced April 7.
The twelve finalists will be requested to submit a 1-2 minute video showcasing their team and why they deserve to be awarded the Sound Mind, Sound Body prize by April 24, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Videos will be scored on a 100 point scale by the Official Selection Committee. The four Grand Prize Winners will be announced on or around May 8, 2023.
ASICS x BSN SPORTS Sound Mind, Sound Body Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Sound Mind, Sound Body Contest by ASICS and BSN SPORTS (“Contest”) is open only to those who are (i) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are located in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia at the time of entry, (ii) eighteen (18) years of age or older (19 and older for legal residents of Alabama and Nebraska) at the time of entry, and (iii) a School Administrator, Teacher, Coach or Administrative Director in good standing at the time of entry and when the prize is awarded of a public or private high school that is located in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (hereafter “School”) and are authorized by their respective School to participate in this Contest (hereafter “Authorized Representative” and/or “Entrant”). Nominated team must play one of the following sports through the School; Wrestling, Volleyball, Cross Country, or Track (each a “Team”), to be eligible for the Contest. ENTRANT IS ENTERING ON BEHALF OF A SCHOOL; NOT FOR PERSONAL FINANCIAL GAIN. Entrant will be responsible for securing any necessary School permission prior to participating in this Contest. A Team must be nominated by an Entrant for their respective School to be considered for a Contest award as described below (each, an “Award”). Each Entrant shall be solely responsible for securing any necessary written permissions (including, without limitation, the use of a School’s (as such term is defined below) name, logo, nicknames, mascot, etc.) from his or her School prior to making any entry in this Contest. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of ASICS or BSN SPORTS (“Sponsor”), and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion/fulfillment agencies, anyone else connected with the production and distribution of this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Contest is void where prohibited by law.
2. Contest Period: The Contest begins on February 7, 2023 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 17, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official clock of the Contest.
3. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, visit www.bsnsports.com/asicscontest (the “Website”) and follow the instructions on how to upload and submit your entry. You will be required to produce and submit each of the following entry materials:
i. FORM: Fill out are required sections of the form (the “Form”). Ensure all information is correct before submitting the Form.
ii. ESSAY: Respond to the essay question prompts in a 500 word or less essay per prompt (each an “Essay”).
iii. Upload the Form and Essay (collectively “Submission”) to the Website by visiting the Website and following the prompts. All Submissions must be submitted by or before March 17, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Completing all of the steps above in accordance with these Official Rules will generate one (1) entry into the Contest for the applicable Entrant. LIMIT: ONE (1) ENTRY PER ELLIGIBLE TEAM PER SCHOOL DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD. If multiple Submissions are received for the same Team at the same School, only the first Submission received shall be judged. Submissions received after the Contest Period will not be eligible to enter or win. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their Form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Submissions may not be acknowledged once submitted. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e- mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
4. Grand Prize Winner Determination Process: The Grand Prize Winner (as defined below) will be determined by a two-step process as follows:
i. Judging of Submission: A panel of judges, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will select twelve (12) finalist Teams, three (3) from each participating sport (wrestling, volleyball, cross country, track) from among all eligible Submissions received during the Contest Period based on the following criteria:
Overall Score: 100 points
Team Needs (Essay Question 1)
Sound Mind, Sound Body (Essay Question 2)
In the event of a tie, the Submission with the highest score in “Sound Mind, Sound Body” sub-category will be deemed one of the finalist Teams. The Entrants who submitted the finalist Team entries will be contacted by email and/or telephone on or around March 27, 2023 and will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Release of Liability and (where legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Releases”) within two (2) days of the date of issuance of notification. NOTE: Entrant must be an Authorized Representative who is approved to participate on School’s behalf and is able to complete the Releases on behalf of their School. Noncompliance with the foregoing or with these Official Rules, or any notification being returned as non-deliverable, may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, a runner-up being notified and selected as a finalist. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than twelve (12) finalist Teams if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries. The Sponsor and judges reserve the right to review all Submissions either before or after they have been submitted and reserve the right in their sole and absolute discretion to reject and/or remove any Submission that violates these Official Rules without any notification or warning. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of Entrants.
ii. Judging of Video: Following the announcement of the twelve (12) finalist Teams on April 7, 2023, the twelve (12) finalist Teams will be asked to submit a video showcasing who their Team is and why their Team deserves to be awarded the Sound Mind, Sound Body prize (“Video”). Finalists will be required to send their Video to the specified email address by April 24, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Failure to submit Video by deadline will result in disqualification.
5. Video Requirements/Restrictions: Only finalists will be required to submit a Video. All Videos must comply with the following guidelines to be eligible:
i. Each Video, and all elements thereof, must be original.
ii. Entrant must have secured in writing (and be able to produce the writing) any and all rights, permissions, and releases necessary and appropriate to submit the Video as an entry in the Contest and grant the rights herein, including all necessary appearance and publicity releases.
iii. Video must not have won a contest or any award, or have been previously published or submitted in connection with other contests.
iv. Video should be 1-2 minutes in length.
v. The only music allowed in your Video is music from your marching band, school band, your fight song and other school songs that you have all rights, clearances, and permissions to reproduce into the Submission, or your own original creative composition about your school. If you compose your own creative composition, everything, including but not limited to the words and music, must be original.
vi. Video must include, but is not limited to, footage from current, 2022-2023, or previous 2021-2022 School year, which may include:
vii. No footage showing electrical (plug-in or battery operated) or compressed air apparatuses, including lights, lasers, and flashcubes (electrical or chemical) will be allowed.
viii. The Video must be approved by the School’s administration.
ix. The Video and any publication thereof must not infringe upon another’s rights, including but not limited to the copyrights, trademarks, property, privacy, publicity, intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity.
x. The Video must not disparage Sponsor (or its products or services), an entrant, or any other person or entity (or its products or services) or contain material that promotes bigotry, discrimination, racism, ridicule, mockery, or harm against any group or individual based on a health condition or illness, disability, race, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, or any other basis.
xi. The Video must not appear to promote any direct competitor of Sponsor.
xii. The Video must not contain any material that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, threatening, abusive, pornographic, hateful, threatening, slanderous or libelous or is otherwise objectionable (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
xiii. The Video cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law or otherwise display any behavior or messaging with which Sponsor does not which to associate, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Video that it determines in its sole discretion to have violated the foregoing guidelines or if an Entrant otherwise violates or attempts to violate any portion of these Official Rules. By submitting a Video for entry into the Contest, you hereby warrant and represent that your Submission conforms to the guidelines set forth herein, including that you have obtained permission from any person whose name, likeness, performance or voice is used in any of the Submission materials. Submissions must be in English. If you think that any Submission infringes your intellectual property rights, please visit https://www.varsitybrands.com/terms-of-use/. The Videos will be evaluated by a panel of judges selected by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion between April 24, 2023 and May 8, 2023 (the “Deliberation Period”) based on the following criteria:
Overall Score: 100 points
Video Submission Completion
Sound Mind, Sound Body
6. Winner Selection and Notification: At the conclusion of the Deliberation Period, the top four (4) finalist Videos, one from each of the included Team sports (wrestling, volleyball, cross country, and track) as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion based on the criteria above, will be selected as the “Grand Prize Winners” (subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules). In the event of a tie, such tied finalists will be judged by a “tie-breaking” judge. Following the selection of the Grand Prize Winners, the applicable Entrants will be contacted by email and/or telephone on or around May 8, 2023. ASICS and BSN SPORTS reserve the right to contact the applicable School for additional comments or media related promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
7. Prizes: Four (4) Grand Prizes: each grand prize winner will receive one (1) $12,000 awarded to the winning School, eligible to use as it deems fit, and a Believe In You professional training course (approximate retail value (“ARV”): $1,000). The total ARV of all prizes is: $52,000. The grand prize will be awarded to the School identified on the Form and not the actual Entrant. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. The Believe In You professional training course will be scheduled at a time mutually agreeable by Sponsor and the applicable School but must be redeemed no later than 12/30/2023 or grand prize element will be forfeited. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of applicable grand prize elements.
8. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the prize will be taxable to winning School as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely each winning School’s responsibility. Winning School is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Entrant, on behalf of winning School, must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a signed IRS Form W-9 before any prize will be awarded. School must contact its own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
9. Ownership and Publicity: As between Entrant and Sponsor, Entrant owns Entrant’s respective Submission provided in connection with the Contest. By participating in this Contest and providing a Submission, Entrant grants Sponsor and each of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and licensees a royalty-free, unconditional, irrevocable, and perpetual right, license and consent, without any compensation, consideration or further notification, to use, edit, reproduce, print, publish, display, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or create derivative works from the Submission, and to use and refer to School’s name, logo, nicknames, mascot, city and state, team member photograph(s) and/or school song, for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes, in any media (now existing or hereinafter developed) throughout the world without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder.
10. Release: By participating, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees, and agrees on behalf of the applicable School: (1) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges which are final and binding in all respects; (2) that his/her Submission (and all components thereof) will not be acknowledged or returned; and (3) the Contest Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless by Entrants for any liability, loss, injury or damage to participants or any other person or entity, including personal injury or death to participants or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of Entrant’s participation in this Contest, the use of any Submission, or part thereof, or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect entries or to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared), labor controversy or threat thereof, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest and, in the event of such cancellation, suspension or termination, at its discretion, as applicable, select Grand Prize Winner from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to event requiring cancellation, termination or suspension. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct background check(s) of any and all records of the individual Entrants, School members and/or Grand Prize Winner, including without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports. To the extent necessary under law, such individuals shall authorize this background check. In that regard, such individuals will be obligated to provide necessary contacts and information so that Sponsor may conduct such investigation. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any individual Entrant and/or Grand Prize Winner from any prize element, based on the background check. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) who tampers with the entry process, voting, or judging process.
11. Limitation of Liability: The Contest Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, late, damaged, delayed, garbled, inaccurate, incorrect, incomplete or misdirected entries, Submissions, votes or email messages; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems or other communications malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections including those through www.varsitybrands.com, miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Contest; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic or otherwise; or the administration of the Contest; or the processing or judging of Submissions or the tabulation of votes. Use of any device to automate or subvert the entry process is prohibited and any Submissions received through such means will be void. Submissions will be disqualified if they contain inappropriate material or language, including profanity.
12. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (i) all issues and questions concerning these Official Rules shall be governed by Texas law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Contest or any prize awarded shall be (A) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (B) filed only in the state or federal courts situated in Tarrant County, Texas, and Entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such disputes, claims or causes of action; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of- pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
14. Winners List: For a list of the Grand Prize Winners (available after May 31, 2023), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by June 30, 2023 to: BSN SPORTS, Sponsor: BSN SPORTS, LLC, 14460 Varsity Brands Way, Farmers Branch, TX 75244.
15. Sponsors: BSN SPORTS, LLC, 14460 Varsity Brands Way, Farmers Branch, TX 75244 and ASICS Corporation, 7755 Irvine Center Drive, Suite 400, Irvine, CA 92618.
The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2023 BSN SPORTS.